- Information Systems, MS - 3.9 GPA - 2014
- Computer Science, BS - 3.24 GPA - 2012
- Production Engineer, 2016 - present
- Hybrid software and systems engineering to ensure Facebook's capacity, growth, and smooth service operation. Embedded in infrastructure and product teams, participating in every engineering effort.
- Partner with engineering teams to discover and document areas of improvement.
- Create metrics to capture current state and broadly share plans how to improve existing conditions.
- Convince and demonstrate how to implement fixes, creating tools for engineers to succeed at scale.
- Hold proposed metrics accountable and adjust as necessary to account for needs.
- Observe common, organization-wide problematic patterns and propose long-term solutions to address these concerns.
- DevOps Systems Engineer, 2014 - 2016
- General and proprietary administration, maintenance, and development of Linux and Windows systems.
- Act as point of contact for maintaining production, test, and development software and network infrastructure stacks.
- Contribute to, maintain, and participate in monitoring and alerting company tools, including oncall rotation.
- Migrate and create new infrastructure from private data centers to AWS and other cloud providers.
- Contributor to new network infrastructure architecture, utilizing proxies, caching layers, virtual IPs, and service discovery for highly available services.
Adjunct Instructor, 2014 - 2016
- Invited to co-teach 6000+ level MSIS courses:
- Teach second section of core competency 4-hour night classes using existing materials, supplemented by selected texts and exercises found or self-created.
- Adapt teaching style to match needs of students, often meeting outside of class hours to assist in 1:1 or 1:few learning.
- Support NETLAB+ virtualization environment, developed 3rd party API to automate and scale to 1,000+ users and 1,200+ machines.
Teaching Assistant, 2013 - 2014
- Attend 4-hour night classes 2 times per week, assisting with NETLAB+ platform and content, as well as miscellaneous requirements from instructors.
- Review and grade coursework from students throughout the semester, and dogfood exams for accuracy and errors.
- Technology Systems Specialist, 2010 - 2014
- First point of contact for technology at the McCarthey and Lincoln campuses, supporting ~200 staff and faculty, and ~500 students.
- Planning, implementation, and maintenance of JAMF's Jamf Pro (formerly Casper Suite) on-site installation.
- Manage 1,300+ devices, ranging from production Xserves, Mac Minis, iMac and iPad labs, to student and faculty laptops.
- Create and maintain 200+ common software packages for deployment, including OS updates and preferences, enforcing standards on 100% of equipment.
- Migration of physical hosts and services to virtual machines.
- Northern California Lacrosse Referees Association, Utah Lacrosse Officials Association, officiating for high school and Men's league lacrosse games.
- Original Xbox and Xbox 360 kernel hacking.
- Medium-level fluency in Spanish. (Hola. 👋)